LPIC 2 – Linux Network Professional Certification
- Status:First published November 29, 2001; latest revision (version 4.0.0) November 1st 2013.
- Prerequisites:You must have an active LPIC-1 certification to receive LPIC-2 certification, but the LPIC-1 and LPIC-2 exams may be taken in any order.
- Requirements:Passing exams LPI 201 and LPI 202
To pass LPIC 2 someone should be able to:
- Administer a small to medium-sized site.
- Plan, implement, maintain, keep consistent, secure, and troubleshoot a small mixed (MS, Linux) network, including a:
- LAN server (Samba, NFS, DNS, DHCP, client management).
- Internet Gateway (firewall, VPN, SSH, web cache/proxy, mail).
- Internet Server (web server and reverse proxy, FTP server).
- Supervise assistants.
- Advise management on automation and purchases.
A full list of the LPIC 2 objectives can be found at the LPI Wiki (wiki.lpi.org).
To become LPIC 2 Certified you need to pass two exams – LPI 201 and LPI 202. These exams can be completed in any Pearson VUE test centre.
To download an overview sheet about LPI 201, click here.
To download an overview sheet about LPI 202, click here.