LPIC 1 – Linux Server Professional Certification
- Status:First published January 11, 2000; latest revision is 4.0.1 published February 2015
- Requirements:Passing Exams LPI 101 and LPI 102
To pass LPIC 1 someone should be able to:
- Work at the Linux command line
- Perform easy maintenance tasks: help users, add users to a larger system, backup and restore, shutdown and reboot
- Install and configure a workstation (including X) and connect it to a LAN, or a standalone PC to the Internet
A full list of the LPIC 1 objectives can be found at the LPI Wiki (wiki.lpi.org).
To become LPIC 1 Certified you need to pass two exams – LPI 101 and LPI 102. These exams can be completed in any Pearson VUE test centre.
To download an overview sheet about LPI 101 certification, click here.
To download an overview sheet about LPI 102 certification, click here.