LPIC 3 – Linux Enterprise Professional Certification
- Prerequisites: You must have an active LPIC-2 certification to receive LPIC-3 certification, but the LPIC-2 and LPIC-3 exams may be taken in any order
- Requirements: Passing one of the LPIC-3 speciality exams (300, 303 or 304)
The LPIC 3 certification is the culmination of LPI’s certification program. LPIC-3 is designed for the enterprise-level Linux professional. The program has been developed with the advice of hundreds of Linux professionals and some of the world’s leading technology companies. It also represents the highest level of professional, distribution-neutral Linux certification within the industry.
A person who is LPIC 3 Certified typically has knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- Has installed and maintained Linux on a number of computers for various purposes for a number of years.
- Has integration experience with diverse technologies and operating systems.
- Has professional experience as, or training for, an enterprise level Linux professional. (Including having experience as a part of another role.)
- Is comfortable with advanced and enterprise levels of Linux administration including installation, management, security, troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Is able to use opensource tools to measure capacity planning and troubleshooting resource problems.
- Has professional experience using Samba to integrate file and print services with Windows, including user management, domain control, security and performance tuning.
- Has professional experience using LDAP to integrate with Unix services and Windows services, including Samba, PAM, email, Active Directory.
- Is able to plan, architecture, design, build and implement a full environment using Samba and LDAP as well as measure the capacity planning and security of the services.
- Is able create scripts in Bash or Perl or has knowledge of at least one system programming language (such as C).
- Is able to design, deploy and manage highly available network services in a Virtualization environment.
Note, one or more of the above bullets are specific to one of the particular exams in the LPIC 3 series.
A full list of the LPIC 3 objectives can be found at the LPI Wiki (wiki.lpi.org).
To become LPIC 3 Certified you need to pass one of the three exams – LPI 300, or LPI 303 or LPI 304. These exams can be completed in any Pearson VUE test centre.
To download an overview sheet about LPI 300, click here.
To download an overview sheet about LPI 303, click here.
To download an overview sheet about LPI 304, click here.